Does God speak to me? Did God speak through animals in the Bible? These are some great questions that we will have fun addressing today!
Let’s have some fun and see how God moves in ways we never knew He could! Today we learn that God talked through a donkey! That’s right- a donkey.
Have you ever heard that this was in the Bible? I had never heard it!
Here is the scripture reference:
WOW! If God speaks through a donkey, He will undoubtedly talk through to us!
Here are a few ways we can hear God speak:
- Be still and unplug from the noisy world so that we can listen to Him speak.
- Open up our expectation to the possibility that God will speak.
- Get your Bible to start reading His word and see if you read something that speaks right to your heart.
- Think through the past few weeks, and did someone like a friend, family member, pastor, or neighbor say something that made you feel affirmed or understood? That might be God speaking through them to you!
- Make it a point every day to spend some time with God praying and reading His word, and I know He will speak to you!
Susan K. Stewart shares how God used her raising donkeys to use them to tell others about God. Listen to the Livin’ Lively with Laine Podcast as Susan shares this funny and powerful story. Also, you can check out her devotion; Donkey Devos Listen when God Speaks.
Isn’t it great to know that God is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow a God that doesn’t change? God is still speaking to us! Now, all we have to do is to get still in a quiet place, read His word, communicate with Him through prayer, and listen to others for affirming or revelation words that touch our hearts.
Please reply to this blog here or in the comments below and let me know your stories of how God speaks to you too!
Today’s inspiration is helpful because we often don’t know when we get bad news or something terrible happens unexpectedly. What do we do when the worst happens?
Tricia Roos shares her extraordinary story about when the doctors told her that the baby she was carrying would not live. Three months pregnant and afraid, she began a journey against the doctor’s advice. She resolves to have her child. The ending is the same, but the story changes everything.
She has walked out with blind trust and showed us that hardships could end in hope. What do you do when our wishes change?
Tricia shares some real-life applications to help us in the hardships of life:
- God separated day from the night so that we could have rest. Do all that you can to rest.
- Replenish yourself for the next day.
- Learn to live without planning so that your trust in God grows.
- Learn to give it to God, everything, every day, and rest in Him.
- Try to avoid the “what ifs” to keep anxiety away.
- Pursue this mindset every day; God has got you, so don’t worry so you can rest and figure it out later.
- When it is out of your control, let go and live in the moment.
- Lean into your trusted friends and be a friend to others.
Tricia shares the journey of how she held and loved the daughter who wasn’t supposed to live. In six days of a brief and remarkable life, Annabelle Roos rewrote the medical chapter on a chromosomal condition called Trisomy 18—giving life to a story that galvanized a large high school, a big city, readers of When Wishes Change, and audiences nationally. You can visit her website
too and purchase her book When Wishes Change.
I am here for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can email me, call me at 1-833-PRAY-W-ME, or reply to this email, and I will pray with you. You are never alone.