Does God speak to me? Did God speak through animals in the Bible? These are some great questions that we will have fun addressing today!
Let’s have some fun and see how God moves in ways we never knew He could! Today we learn that God talked through a donkey! That’s right- a donkey.
Have you ever heard that this was in the Bible? I had never heard it!
Here is the scripture reference:
WOW! If God speaks through a donkey, He will undoubtedly talk through to us!
Here are a few ways we can hear God speak:
- Be still and unplug from the noisy world so that we can listen to Him speak.
- Open up our expectation to the possibility that God will speak.
- Get your Bible to start reading His word and see if you read something that speaks right to your heart.
- Think through the past few weeks, and did someone like a friend, family member, pastor, or neighbor say something that made you feel affirmed or understood? That might be God speaking through them to you!
- Make it a point every day to spend some time with God praying and reading His word, and I know He will speak to you!
Susan K. Stewart shares how God used her raising donkeys to use them to tell others about God. Listen to the Livin’ Lively with Laine Podcast as Susan shares this funny and powerful story. Also, you can check out her devotion; Donkey Devos Listen when God Speaks.
Isn’t it great to know that God is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow a God that doesn’t change? God is still speaking to us! Now, all we have to do is to get still in a quiet place, read His word, communicate with Him through prayer, and listen to others for affirming or revelation words that touch our hearts.